- SMU Gravical 2018 is supported by Singapore Management University (referred to herein as “SMU”) and organised by SMU Climb Team. (“SMU Gravical”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (the “R&Rs”) and all the terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) applicable to the Participants, which can be found at www.smugravical.com (the “Official Website”).
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these T&Cs.
- Registration for the competition is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of an official receipt.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information” and “Personal Details”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update of Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. SMU Gravical organizing committee may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with SMU Gravical shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if SMU Gravical organizing committee has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SMU Gravical organizing committee may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse Participants any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- No changes to registration details are permitted once registration is completed. (exceptions may only be made for crucial details, e.g. Emergency contact person)
- SMU Gravical organizing committee reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as SMU Gravical organizing committee deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, SMU Gravical organizing committee shall be the authority to interpret these provisions and in so doing, SMU Gravical organizing committee will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- SMU Climb Team and/or SMU Gravical organizing committee reserve the right to cancel the SMU Gravical 2018 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If SMU Gravical 2018 is cancelled, such as in the event of haze (PSI>200), there shall be no refund of fees paid. None of SMU, SMU Gravical organizing committee, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- SMU Gravical organizing committee reserves the right to amend the SMU Gravical 2018 climbing routes as SMU Gravical deems fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. None of SMU, SMU Gravical organizing committee, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by SMU Gravical organizing committee to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participant takes part in SMU Gravical 2018 at his or her own risk. Fully permissible by law, none of SMU, SMU Gravical organizing committee, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in SMU Gravical 2018. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual competition day.
- A Participant must retire from the event immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, competition director, referee and/or SMU Gravical organizing committee.
- Participants not wearing the SMU Gravical 2018 event shirt will be prohibited from participating in SMU Gravical 2018.
- Participants are not allowed to make modifications of any sort to the SMU Gravical 2018 event shirt.
- SMU Gravical reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the SMU Gravical 2018, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising, and the Participant hereby consents to all such uses.
- SMU Gravical reserves the right to limit and/or refuse climbing entries without assigning any reason.
- SMU Gravical reserves the right to cancel any SMU Gravical category without prior notice to the Participants.
- SMU Gravical will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- SMU Gravical reserved the right to disqualify any climber found to be competing in a category they no longer qualify for, and any placing within the category in question will be nullified.
- The SMU Gravical 2018 shirt is to be worn by all participants of the team category.
- Each team must consist of four members, not exceeding one climber of intermediate and one climber of open climbing ability and must have 2 females in the team.
- Open climbers are allowed to compete in the team category.
- SMU Gravical 2018 organizing committee reserves the right to grant transfers of competitor slots for no extra costs within their own discretion. Exceptions that fit this criteria include:
- Medical reasons
- Compassionate leave
- Any participant in the U17 category is required to fill out and submit a parental consent form when they make payment.
- All participants are required to have a parent/guardian present throughout the duration of the event that they are participating in.
- Participants in the Novice category are not allowed to compete in any of the following: U17 category. Should SMU Gravical organizing committee find anyone doing so, they will be disqualified and their ranking in that competition nullified.
7. Intermediate Category
- Participants in the Intermediate category are not allowed to compete in any of the following: U17 category, Novice category. Should SMU Gravical organizing committee find anyone doing so, they will be disqualified and their ranking in that competition nullified.
- Any participant in the Open category that has not registered by the isolation time will be prohibited from competing in the Open category.
- Any participant in the Open category that does not report to the isolation zone by the isolation time will be prohibited from competing in the Open category.
- Participants in the Open category are prohibited from entering any other categories.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the SMU Gravical 2018, for any reason whatsoever.
- A Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her climbing entry to another party, with the only exception being for the Team category.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the climbing category for which he or she is registered will be disqualified.
- Any Participant who attempts to top or complete the route after the actual end time of the climb will have the attempt nullified. (Only for the Open category, will finalists be allowed to continue with their attempt as long as they have begun their official attempt before the time runs out.)
- A Participant must be 17 and below as of 1st January 2018 to participate in the U17 category.
- Any Participant age 17 and below as of 1st January 2018 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity form when registering online or in-person, failing which SMU Gravical reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- SMU Gravical will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items on the premises. SMU Gravical also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage found unattended on the premises for security purposes.
Participants can choose to participate in more than one category. Strictly only the following combinations are allowed, all with/without the team event included:
- U17 climbers: U17 + Novice + Intermediate + Open
- Novice climbers: Novice + Intermediate + Open
- Intermediate climbers: Intermediate + Open
- Open climbers: Open
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three climbers of each gender in each category.
- In the event of a tie, competitors will be awarded based upon their semi-final results. In the event of a tie after comparing the semi-final results, competitors will be awarded based upon their qualifying results.
- SMU Gravical reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by SMU Gravical. They are non-transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by SMU Gravical.
14. Goodie Bag Collection
- All Participants must collect their goodie bag (the “Goodie Bag”) which includes the SMU Gravical 2018 participant shirt and other novelties at the Competition Goodie Bag location during the collection period on the day of the competition itself. SMU Gravical will not be entertaining any requests of issuance of Goodie Bags due to Participant’s inability to collect his/her Goodie Bag.
- There will be no collection of Goodie Bags out of the stipulated Collection Period. Late collection will not be entertained and SMU Gravical shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participant’s inability to collect his/her Goodie Bag, for any reason whatsoever. For avoidance of doubt, SMU Gravical is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Goodie Bag. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Goodie Bag during the Collection Period.
- Teams participating in the Team event are required to send one representative from the team OR authorize a representative to collect on behalf of the team. Individual collection of competition packs is NOT allowed, and it is the responsibility of the representative to distribute the competition packs to the running team members.
- All participants’ T-shirts are to be collected on Collection day, according to their indicated preferred size. No requests or transfers thereafter will be entertained.
- Each Participant is entitled to one event T-shirt.
- All participants who have submitted their registration form before the closure of the early bird registration window are entitled to early bird prices.
- A registration reservation email will be sent to the participant with details of payment.
- Upon receiving payment, a payment confirmation email, along with an electronic receipt (e-receipt) will be sent to your registered email to inform you that you have successfully secured your registered slot in the SMU Gravical 2018. (Slots will only be confirmed once payment is made.)
- However, if the organizing committee of SMU Gravical 2018 deemed that after a prolong delay of payment, the participant’s reservation slot will be voided.
- If you are paying for multiple registered participants, you may opt for either of the following payment methods:
- Cash payment at designated climbing gym(s)
- Internet Banking (iBanking)
i.e. If you are paying for 5 participants, you must make 5 separate iBanking transactions following the template sent to your email or that of www.smugravical.com.
- Strictly no transfer of secured slots is allowed in the event Participants are unable to compete in SMU Gravical 2018.
- Strictly no refunds will be made once payment has been made.
- Strictly no refunds after confirmation of Participants’ slot in the SMU Gravical 2018.
- All prices indicated are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- It is the responsibility of the participant to register using either an identification card/passport during registration and on the day of the event itself.
- The person who registers for the Team Category, is by default the Team Leader of his/her Team and will make payment on behalf of the entire team. His/her team members are then required to complete their participant details via an online link, which can be found on the official website. Team members are NOT required to make additional payment for registration fees when submitting their details. SMU Gravical reserves the right, to refuse Goodie Bag collection to teams whose members did not submit their full participant details.
- All international participants’ registration will be required to include the contact details of a dedicated PIC (person-in-charge) with administrative responsibility to liaise with the organizing committee of SMU Gravical 2018.
- All prices indicated are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- Payment is to be made in SGD and to follow the payment methods sent to their email or that of www.smugravical.com accordingly.
- If you have indicated cash payment, a physical booth at the registration table will be set up on the 1st day of the event to collect payments from you.
- If you have indicated cash payment, a physical booth at the registration table will be set up on the 1st day of the event to collect payments from you.
- Your slot in the event will only be confirmed when payment has been made and confirmed via the payment confirmation email.
- Goodie Bag collection for Foreign Participants will be on the day of registration itself.
- Following registration there will be strictly no refund.
- By continuing to use SMU Gravical’s services, accessing any part of the website www.smugravical.com, registering for SMU Gravical, submitting information to SMU Gravical (and/ or its related entities) whether for the purpose of registering for SMU Gravical or otherwise, as well as using any features of the aforementioned website, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by this Policy (as amended from time to time) in respect of SMU Gravical’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Further, you hereby agree and consent to SMU Gravical ‘s (including its related entities, as well as their respective Agents’), collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, in the manner set forth in this Policy.
- By joining SMU Gravical, all participants hereby consent to the usage of their images for future use on the official SMU Gravical Website and the SMU Gravical Facebook page.
- This Policy is meant to supplement any Agreements governing your relationship with SMU Gravical (and its related entities), and should be read in conjunction with those Agreements.
- Further, all consent provided pursuant to this Policy is meant to supplement and not supersede or replace any other consent you may have previously provided to SMU Gravical (and its related entities) in respect of your personal information.
The types of personal information collected by SMU Gravical broadly fall within the ambit of the following categories:
This includes the following but non-exhaustive:
- Information which can be linked back to the Participant. For example, the name, gender, date of birth, Passport No., and NRIC No.
- The Participant’s contact information. For example, the mailing address, the area of residence, telephone number, and email address.
- The Participant’s payment information. For example, the credit card number, the debit card number, the name of the card-holder, the card number, the billing address, and the expiration date of the credit/ debit card.
- The Participant’s health information. For example, whether the participant has any known allergies, or any known medical conditions.
- The participant’s technical information. For example, the IP address from which the registration form is accessed, completed and submitted.
Generally, SMU Gravical collects personal information in the following ways:
- When you contact SMU Gravical (and/ or any of its related entities).
- When you submit forms or applications to SMU Gravical (and/ or any of its related entities) (including but not limited to the Registration Form for the SMU Gravical).
- When you submit queries or requests to SMU Gravical.
- When you submit complaints.
- When you provide feedback.
- When you respond to SMU Gravical’s request to provide further information.
- When you visit the website www.smugravical.com
- When you submit your personal information to SMU Gravical, for any other reasons.
- If and when you provide SMU Gravical (and/ or any of its related entities) with any personal information relating to a third party (including but not limited to that of a dependent and/ or spouse), by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to SMU Gravical that you have obtained the consent of that third party, to your providing SMU Gravical with their personal information, for the respective purposes.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, SMU Gravical collects, uses, and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your registration for the SMU Gravical.
- To verify your identity.
- To communicate with you.
- To respond to your requests and queries.
- To manage administrative and business operations of SMU Gravical, and to comply with SMU Gravical’s internal policies and procedures;
- To match any personal information held by SMU Gravical (and/ or any of its related entities) which relates to you, for any of the purposes specified.
- To facilitate maintenance of security during the SMU Gravical.
- For planning, research, data-planning, and data-processing activities.
- To comply with any applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines (which may be issued by the concerned authorities).
- For record keeping purposes (where there are legal and/ or business reasons for retaining the said records).
- For legal purposes (including but not limited to the obtaining of legal advice; to facilitate dispute resolution; and to investigate suspected unlawful activities including intellectual property infringement); and/or
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- If you are a participant: To utilize photos and/or media files taken of participants and publish them on media sites for the purposes of publicity, promotion and post-event reports.
- If you are a media representative: To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the media centres, during the SMU Gravical; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid;
- If you are participating in a Community Engagement Programme (including but not limited to any donations specified in the Registration Form): To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; and as part of voluntary opt-in via participation by filling in the relevant details in the appropriate section of Registration Form, inclusion of personal information for electronic direct mailers; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and/or
- If you are a contractor or service provider, providing products and services (including but not limited to the provision of hospitality, and food & beverage services) in connection with the SMU Gravical: To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the relevant centres, during the SMU Gravical; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- For conducting analytics of services.
- For organising promotional events.
- For organizing corporate events.
- For any other purposes for which SMU Gravical may notify you and obtain your express consent.
- We have identified the nature of personal information which may be collected, in the preceding paragraphs, as well as the specific purposes for the collection, use and/ or disclosure of the personal information. To the extent feasible and practicable, generally, your personal information held by us shall be kept confidential.
- In order to provide you with effective and quality services, and for the purposes listed in the preceding paragraphs (where applicable), your personal information may be disclosed to the following:
- SMU Gravical’s related entities.
- Agents, contractors and/ or third-party service providers who provide operational services in relation to the SMU Gravical.
- Any business partner, investor, assignee and/ or transferee (actual or prospective).
- SMU Gravical’s professional advisers (including but not limited to its legal advisors, auditors and financial advisors).
- Appropriate government authorities, statutory boards and law enforcement authorities, to comply with the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Counterparties, billing organizations and their respective banks, in relation to fund transfers and payments; and/or
- Any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT, ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SMU Gravical recognizes the need to maintain accuracy, currency and completeness of personal information collected. If you wish to have access to, review, incorporate amendments, and update your personal information, please follow the instructions specified hereinbelow:
If you wish to:
- Have access to and/ or incorporate amendments/ updates to your personal information; and/ or
- Have any queries or feedback pertaining to your personal information.
SMU Gravical’s official email: email@example.com
Warren Goh (President): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mavis Loh (Vice-President): email@example.com
Alex Chew (Vice-President): firstname.lastname@example.org
For the avoidance of doubt, the aforementioned request will be deemed to have been formally made and will be taken on record, only if received in the form of an email.
- SMU Gravical will, upon receipt of your aforementioned written request, allow you to view your stored personal information. To the extent permitted by law, SMU Gravical reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for the said service.
- SMU Gravical will endeavor to respond to your written request within a reasonable timeframe.
- In exceptional circumstances, SMU Gravical reserves its right to deny you access to your personal information, and may provide you with an explanation as may be required by applicable law. Some of these circumstances includes:
- Where an investigating authority/ statutory authority/ government body objects to SMU Gravical complying with a participant’s said request,
- Where the information may, in the exercise of SMU Gravical’s reasonable discretion, have a bearing on the life or security of an individual; and/or
- Where the personal information is collected in connection with an investigation of a breach of contract, and/ or contravention of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Kindly note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal information by SMU Gravical, depending upon the nature of request, SMU Gravical may not be in a position to continue to provide its services to you, and the said action of withdrawal of consent (whether partial or total) may be deemed to be a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with SMU Gravical. Further, under such circumstances, you may be in breach of your contractual obligations. In such an event, all of SMU Gravical ‘s (and its related entities) rights are hereby fully and expressly reserved.
- SMU Gravical will retain the personal information collected, for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal and/ or business purposes of SMU Gravical, and/ or as may be required by applicable law.
- When destroying personal information, SMU Gravical will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible and practicable measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible, as may be required by applicable law.
- SMU Gravical takes the security and protection of your personal information very seriously. As such, SMU Gravical has put in place appropriate reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorised access and undue disclosure. Unfortunately, there is always a potential risk in sending information through any channel (more so through the internet) and/ or retaining information on any storage device, and SMU Gravical cannot guarantee that communications between you and SMU Gravical or information stored on SMU Gravical’s resources, including personal information, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, SMU Gravical (and its related entities) will not be held responsible for:
- for any unauthorized access and/ or illegal or unauthorized use of information, including personal information; and/or
- if your information, including personal information, is accessed through unauthorized and/ or improper use of your account or login information or due to your failure to secure your username, password, or customer ID.
- Further, if you do not take reasonable measures to ensure the continued confidentiality and accuracy of the personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, SMU Gravical will not be liable for any consequential misuse.
- If you have any concerns about security of your personal information disclosed to SMU Gravical, you should contact SMU Gravical.
- SMU Gravical may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that the Policy is in compliance with any future developments, industry trends and/ or any changes in the legal and/ or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on the website www.smugravical.com. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your personal information.
All trademarks specified in this Policy remain the property of their respective holders, and unless otherwise represented, their display on SMU Gravical-related material are solely for the purpose of illustrating products, events businesses being discussed and in no way should be taken to indicate any relationship, affiliation and/ or sponsorship between the respective holders of trademarks and SMU Gravical.
Last updated: October 2017.